QUALITY OBJECTIVES (DERIVED FROM EGERTON UNIVERSITY STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES – SO -2018-2023 STRATEGIC PLAN):
- SO1: Promote quality teaching and training in geography through implementation of the Quality Management System of Egerton University every semester.
- SO6: Promote research output and dissemination through independent research, student supervision and seminars/workshops that is relevant to society and the discipline of geography.
- SO15: Establish Linkages with National and International Institutions and Organizations.
- SO17: Generate resources through GIS Short course training and proposal writing and submission.
- SO18: Improve efficiency of service delivery.
- SO1: Develop/Review academic programmes in the department:
- Align PhD programmes in the department with the Commission for University Education (CUE) guidelines.
- b) Review MA/MSc Geography and MA Urban Management programmes.
- c) Develop at least two Bachelor’s degree programmes (on-going beyond the academic programme).